Country: Mozambique Local: Mathemele and Guava
Completion date: 2020
Consultec – Consultores Associados, Lda
Hydraulic Study of Mathemele and Guava Distribution Centers
The work includes the development of hydraulic studies of Mathemele and Guava Distribution Centers using dynamic modelling of the complete system applying EPANET software. According to the results, the diameters of the system, the characteristics of the electric pumps and the reservoirs operation levels have been proposed or confirmed.
The main tasks of the project are listed below:
- Verification and eventual revision of the population served (2025 and 2030), domestic per capita demand, commercial, public and industrial demands and system water losses.
- Preliminary analysis of the hydraulic modelling.
- Hydraulic operation modelling of distribution networks.
- Analysis of the DC storage capacity.
- Selection of pump groups and their characteristics.
- Definition of the hydraulic circuits of Mathemele and Guava DC.
- Pressure surge analysis (water hammer).